6/1/09

Clover Sprouts

I love sprouts! Well, not so much bean sprouts, but I used to eat alfalfa sprouts a lot. Then I found CLOVER sprouts. They have a sweeter taste & last longer in the fridge. Love them, love them, love them!

My local grocery store sold a little sparce pint of clover sprouts for a dollar & some odd cents... (can't remember exactly). But I finally decided to buy seeds & do it myself. Look what less than 2tbs. of clover seeds produced in 3 days! They're sooo yummy on sandwiches, wraps, salads, etc...

Still in my sprouter - stuffed full!


On a large paper towel after taking them out of the sprouter


Stuffed in a quart sized bag - almost as big as the head of lettuce, but loaded with tons more vitamins!

This amount of sprouts would have cost me around $4.00 at the store. But my big bag of seeds cost less than $7.00! I've done 5 large batches & am only about 1/3 of the way through the bag. Much cheaper!

No comments: