9/2/08

60 Day Menu Plan

Well, in the awesome training I took from www.simplylivingsmart.com - They taught us how to rotate food storage with a menu plan. Anitra (the trainer) has a 90 day menu! Her family eats each dinner food only 3 times a year! I am doing my best to get to a 60 day menu.

With the exception of a few meals, most of them can be made from my storage items. (I store a lot of canned meat!) I tried to do that so I could build my food storage around what we eat & rotate it easier. I even have some breakfast foods in there, cause we love breakfast. I cook most of my stuff from scratch & use whole grains. Really, the only one I'm not big & huge on is the hot dogs! I can handle them if they're grilled to a crisp, on a whole wheat toasted bun, & topped with ketchup & cheese.

So far, here's what I have... (JUST 52 SO FAR) Help! I need more! Please leave a comment if you have any other ideas & recipes...

1 ROAST BEEF OVER RICE
2 CORNED BEEF
3 TURKEY & POTATOES
4 CHICKEN & DUMPLINGS
5 SPAGHETTI
6 ENCHILADA SOUP
7 SPICED CHICKEN
8 STIR FRY
9 HAWAIIAN PASTA SALAD
10 PEPPERONI PIZZA
11 VEGETABLE PIZZA
12 HAWAIIAN PIZZA
13 CHICKEN RANCH PIZZA
14 TACO SALAD
15 SWEET & SOUR CHICKEN
16 HOAGIE SANDWICHES
17 HAWAIIAN HAYSTACKS
18 HAMBURGERS
19 HOT DOGS (Gotta make the kids happy sometimes...)
20 CHICKEN POT PIE
21 SUPER SPUDS
22 CHICKEN ENCHILADAS
23 BEEF ENCHILADAS
24 CHICKEN VEGETABLE SOUP
25 LASAGNA
26 BEEF STEW
27 TACOS
28 TOSTADAS
29 CHILI
30 TOSSED SALAD
31 FRUIT & NUT SPINACH SALAD
32 MACARONI & CHEESE (HOMEMADE)
33 'BAKED' FRIED CHICKEN
34 FRENCH DIP
35 TUNA CASSEROLE
36 CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP
37 OATMEAL
38 HAM, EGG, & CHEESE SANDWICHES
39 GRILLED CHEESE
40 FRENCH TOAST
41 PANCAKES
42 PITA SANDWICH WITH SPROUTS
43 CLAM CHOWDER
44 QUICHE
45 CREAM OF BROCCOLI SOUP
46 CHICKEN BURRITOS
47 ITALIAN PASTA SALAD
48 PARMESAN CHICKEN
49 BEEF BURGUNDY
50 BBQ SANDWICHES
51 CATFISH & HUSH PUPPIES
52 CHINESE CHICKEN SALAD

I ALSO LOOOOOOVE SALMON A LOT, BUT I'D HAVE TO DISGUISE IT SOMEHOW, CAUSE MY HUSBAND IS NOT A BIG FISH PERSON. TOO BAD HUH? HE DOES LIKE MY CATFISH, BUT NOT MUCH ELSE.

AND I'M REALLY PUSHING IT ON TACOS & TOSTADAS, CAUSE THEY'RE ALMOST THE SAME THING! I'M JUST DESPERATE, I GUESS...

OH! AND I NEED IDEAS FOR MORE SIDE DISHES TOO. THIS IS ALL I HAVE:

-FRUIT SALAD
-FROG EYE SALAD
-TOSSED SALAD
-ASSORTED CANNED FRUITS
-ASSORTED CANNED OR FROZEN VEGES
-FRESH BREAD
-MASHED POTATOES (OR OTHER POTATO DISHES)
-RICE DISHES

9 comments:

Stacy and Angela said...

I'll have to do some digging. At one time I had a 90 day plan that didn't duplicate anything. A couple I can think of are French dip sandwiches (will your family eat that?) and chicken fried steak, and philly cheese steaks? I know of some more, and forgive me if you have these and I didn't see them, I think I have *soap* in my eyes LOL!!!

Jeanette said...

Just found your blog and I love it!
I am working on my food storage menu. I taught a class on making a food storage menu for enrichment and was really surprised when most of the ladies thought I was crazy or it was too much work etc. Oh well. I think it makes planning and storing food so much easier.

rebecca said...

Just a note...I found your blog and love it. I'm going to put it on my google reader. Thanks for sharing your tips, recipes, and insight. I love the fruit roll-ups:)

rebecca said...

This recipe would definitely be on my meal plan. It's a black bean soup recipe (essentially taco soup) from food network. http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/dave-lieberman/black-bean-soup-recipe/index.html

For sides I usually stick to simple veggies, and if I think my picky eater might not eat the main dish I add rolls, garlic bread, or cheese bread to the menu.

Papa and Mama said...

As I was searching through blogs I found yours and like it. I like your 60 day menu. When all my kids were home I used the same type of thing. In the shuffle of kids leaving home to be on their own my menu seemed to leave too. By-the-way, Have you tried Taco soup?

Jenn said...

I guess Taco Soup is a popular meal for people! Everyone I know eats it! Actually, my Enchilada soup is basically the same thing, but I tweaked it a little, & it tastes better... Thanks for the idea! Keep them coming, PLEASE!!!

Anonymous said...

You could try BBQ beef or chicken sandwiches.

Jenn said...

Thanks for the ideas. I do actually have BBQ sandwiches on there toward the bottom. I just generalized it so I could choose beef, pork, chicken, or whatever. It's pretty hard to come up with more, isn't it!!!

Anonymous said...

Like your blog, I too have a 60 day meal plan. How about pulled pork on buns with coleslaw or salad. Check out the make-a-mix cookbook it is basically for freezer big batch cooking but could be adapted for
home canned meats mixes. has some great recipes.
Good Luck