7/13/08

Great Weed Killers?

Did you know that SALT will kill your weeds and prevent them from coming back? I had no clue but read it on several other websites tonight! The weeds in our yard are competing with our grass BADLY! I'm gonna try it!

There was a warning not to "salt" your neighbor's lawn though, because it works so well that you can get charged with vandalism! How crazy is that! It also said not to spread it where you will be planting things in the next few years, because it kills & prevents almost everything for a very long time. So I guess the best places would be sidewalks, driveways, rock gardens, etc...

Another great weed preventer I found out about is Corn Meal!!! Actually, it's a seed preventer, so anything that hasn't sprouted yet won't grow. But if it's already growing & past the seed stage, you're good to go.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have never tried salt, but I have tried vinegar. It works really well, the cats hate the smell and well so do I. This year I will try salt and thanks for the tip!