11/4/09

Yummmm!!!!!

It's chocolate, it's junk food, and I choose to call it "kind of" healthy! :)

I've heard of bean fudge lately on a couple of other food storage sites, and I FINALLY decided to try it. It's actually yummy!

My kids, my husband, & 3 neighbor kids had NO clue there was almost a pound of beans in this stuff! They couldn't quit eating it!

This fudge is VERY rich & filling.

I rolled mine into balls & hardened them a little in the fridge. Here's the photo & recipe:

****************

15 oz. canned black or pinto beans, rinsed & drained
1 c. baking cocoa
3/4 cup melted butter
1 T. vanilla extract
2 lbs. powdered sugar (C&H brand really tastes best)
Nuts (optional)

The SECRET: Mix everything except powdered sugar in BLENDER! Then, add mixture to powdered sugar & blend with electric mixer or hand beaters in a separate bowl.

It'll be a little stiff. You can either press it into a 9x13 casserole dish, or roll them into balls.


No comments: